Disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10
The following tutorial will help you to know how to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10. To turn of Windows Store, currently known as Microsoft Store you are just few step ahead.
Microsoft store, formerly known as Windows store comes by default windows Windows 10. In many cases this is an useful place where users can directly install their desirable latest games, applications, social networking apps and many more.
“Every good thing has a bad side also”
Microsoft store may be a perfect choice for many users who needs more simplification, to get apps, games handy. They even can purchase any premium applications, games from Microsoft Store.
But, what’s for those who doesn’t like it or doesn’t use Microsoft Store ? Beside by keeping Microsoft Store active you are unknowingly calling pressures on your system and wasting your data.
- Microsoft Store starts automatically in background even when you’re not running it or working on it. This way it consumes your system RAM and may slow down your system performance a bit (if you have low spec system).
- If you don’t disable the Auto-update of Microsoft Store Applications manually then all the apps will start automatically update whenever new update is available by consuming your data in background without your acknowledge. If you have limited bandwidth then it’s really terrible idea to set the default Microsoft Store App auto-update.
To solve all the above mentioned problems we need to disable Microsoft Store in Windows 10. To disable Microsoft store or to disable auto-update of Microsoft store apps do as following:
- Go to run or search, and type GPEDIT.MSC . Open it.
- Open Computer configuration. Under Administrative Templates click on Windows Components.
- From Windows Components drop-down menu, select the store option.
- Inside Store option you will find several settings in Not configured state. Now change those settings accordingly:
- To turn off or disable Microsoft Store apps auto-update: open Turn off Automatic download and install of updates – set it to Enabled – Apply – OK.
- To turn off or disable Windows 10 upgrade popup: open Turn off the offer to update to the latest version of Windows – set it to Enabled – Apply – OK.
- To disable all apps in Microsoft Store: open Disable all apps from Microsoft Store – set it to enabled – Apply – OK.
- To turn off or disable Microsoft Store application: open Turn off the Store application – set it to Enabled – Apply – OK.
To apply the changes properly just restart your system. That is all you have to do to disable Microsoft Store.
If you find the tutorial helpful do share with your friends. For any issue, just comment below or contact.