What is Authenticator Plus?
Internet is a crazy virtual world, the more it’s getting advanced day by day it’s becoming a place of risks as well. The moment you’re connected to internet for accessing some social networking site, blog, online shopping etc your personal information’s are open to the world.
To access important sites like eCommerce,forums,social networks you need to simply put your user ID,password there which can be hacked, stolen, data leaked and this way anyone can gain access to your private data’s.
To secure this step Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is required. Most of the secured websites provides this features to it’s users or customers offering Mobile verification or Verification using App. Generally most times Mobile SMS code verification is used where the user need to put the code received in mobile in form of SMS after logging in.
But what if there’s network connectivity issue (out of reach/no signal etc), or SIM card is lost, DNS issue or whatsoever. Then you can’t proceed further without having code.
To solve this issue 2FA or 2-Factor Authentication App is required.
There are several 2-Factor Authenticator App available.
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Authy Authenticator
- Yubico Authenticator
After several internal features check and reliability Authenticator Plus has topped the list following LastPass Authenticator and Authy. You can check How to get started with Authenticator Plus from the YouTube Video at the beginning of this post.
Now we will Review Authenticator Plus features step by step.
- If you’re using Authenticator Plus for the first time Click New User button.
- Now enter and re-confirm your Master Password. NOTE: Don’t even forget the Master Password, else you’ll not able to access stored/synced data later (after you format or reset your device or signing-in from a new device).
- Next you’ll be prompted to choose your desired Cloud storage where your encrypted data will be synced and stored. You can either choose Dropbox or Google Drive, you can even choose to backup your data manually in local storage (Device drive location).
- For most reliability and security Google Drive is selected, accept the Google Drive limitation warning. After finishing up allow it to access media storage on your device.
- Now you’ll see a long list containing all the feature options of Authenticator plus.
- Cloud Settings:
- You can check here your cloud storage accounts.
- The time when it was last synced and sync status if Success or Fail.
- Personalize Settings:
- You can change the theme style, either Light or Dark theme.
- PIN display format can be grouped as 2, 3 digits, or without grouping.
- Android Wear Settings:
- You can also access Authenticator Plus features using your Smartwatches by enabling this option.
- You can show PIN details, sync or check connection and sync status.
- Backup & Restore:
- You can backup your encrypted data as a Text or HTML file to import them later.
- You can also import data from manually backed up database file.
- You can easily backup and restore your data from SD Card.
- Now that’s the best deal following cloud sync. You can secure Authenticator Plus using PIN lock or by using Fingerprint lock, you can choose them both too.
- For more security you can set the Automatically lock to Immediately.
- You can change your PIN later too, also you can change and save your Master Password in Password Manager.
- You can categorize the websites as of your choice like Educational websites, Social Networks, eCommerce websites, Forums, Online shopping etc.
From the Others Settings you can disable the Google Analytics checkbox to stop the app from sending anonymous tracking data.
This review is made after checking multiple Two-Factor Authentication app together where Authenticator Plus topped the list easily with it’s rich features and user-friendliness. If you wish you still can compare the 2-Factor Authentication Apps to determine which 2FA App suits you best.
Don’t forget to share this post if you find it useful. If you’re facing any issue, comment below.